9.01.2010

Patience is a Virtue

In a world where much is fast paced, time based, deadline driven, and moments zoom past you with a blink of an eye, it makes me appreciate the slow moments that much more. It's nice to have nowhere to be, sink into a cloud in a place with no clocks and have time to observe your surroundings and hear your breaths as  you take it all in. I appreciate that Jin also has this quality because it really enables us to enjoy life at a steady pace and slow down since humans are usually rushing by default. As in life, in photography we are able to catch beautiful moments if we are patient. Last Spring as I was walking along the beach at Gasworks, I was intrigued by the fluid movement of the water. I watched it glide by in motion til some time brought on two floating ducks travelling in unison. I observed the skyline and watched, waiting for the perfect moment to capture the shot that I wanted. They say that life is about the journey, not the destination. Thus, the calming melody of the waves were enough had I left without any decent shots but I was able to capture a moment I would have missed had I not been patient and waited.

"If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent. "











No comments:

Post a Comment