10.29.2010

Happy Halloween!

It's that time of year again. We went to a haunted house for the first time last weekend. It was Jin's first and I haven't been to one since I was eleventeen so I wasn't sure what was in store for us. We actually had a blast and I haven't laughed and screamed so hard at the same time since I can remember. Next time I'll remember to pop some Advil before entering but it was worth it :) I know it's a little corny for some people and it was pretty dead but it's what you make of it and who you're with and we were definitely with a fun group. My friend was hitting on the zombie and trying to tell him to get his nails done in her best authentic Vietnamese accent. "Yo nayo so uk-lee. I may yo nayo prih-tee, fie dolla." Can't wait for the next one!

The last couple years we ended up getting our costumes last minute. Literally. Jin was running around town looking for something the day before. He ended up with a costume three sizes too big. Apparently Large in Halloween sizes equals a quadruple X-L. So he vowed this year would be different. That we would be good and start shopping at least a month in advance. Okay, being good meant shopping two weeks in advance but that was much sooner than the previous years. We even got Kimmy a little costume before we got ours. We started off with happy hour at one of our spots and walked over to the shop. We had some fun playing around the store trying on different accessories. Our original idea was to be Aladdin and Jasmine but we ended up choosing to be Romans this year. I went to the fabric store to make it a little more creative and I was amazed by all the little detailed accessories they had. It's definitely inspired me to utilize that for next year's outfit. Will post our costumes (and Kimmy's) in the next blog but leaving you a peek at what we were role playing as last year. Crazy captain and his Rainbow Brite.


No comments:

Post a Comment