8.19.2010

Beginning the journey

I've always believed in the importance of memories since I was a little girl. Looking back as an adult, I realized that I grew up reminiscing, dreaming, and striving to be. I cherish every wonderful moment as I believe our lives are a collection of memories and have always documented my life in some way whether it be through writing in a journal or capturing the moments through pixels on a camera. I've always appreciated that Jin's been on the same page as it's enabled us to create endless unforgettable moments in life which we have captured through our archive of photographs. Moments that we might have forgotten or that might have been a bit blurry amidst the giant pool of events had it not been for the pictures that bring us back to that time as we relive the memories. I believe the slightest effort to take even a snapshot is worth what you will have for a lifetime, which might come in handy when you are old and gray and though at that point every picture might look blurry, it is a reference that will surely stir up nostalgia.

I am thankful to have the opportunity to deepen this skill as I've always wanted to take on photography through more than just a point-and-shoot. After the purchase of my first DSLR, it's motivated Jin to join me at a focused level and our compatibility has enabled us to have fun creatively while taking the technical aspect seriously. We dove into the water with the same appreciation and love for it and it's been an exciting adventure with much more that awaits with my camera and partner in life and pixels.

This will be the first time cohering the documentation of both writing and photographs in one place thanks to Jin's brilliant suggestion and I'm anticipating this new journey.

“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.” – Dorothea Lange

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment